Follow the steps below to download the device certificate from the PCS appliance and convert it from PEM to DER format for distribution to Linux users.
- Navigate to System > Configuration > Certificates > Device Certificates
- Select the device certificate that is applied to the port that Linux users will be signing in with.
- Click on the download link to save the certificate. (The certificate will be saved as a *.crt file.)
- The certificate can be converted to DER format on a Linux machine using the following OpenSSL command:
openssl x509 -in <Input Certificate File> -outform der -out <Output Certificate File>
For example, if the device certificate is named vpn.pulsesecure.net.crt and is located in /home/Downloads then the command would be:
openssl x509 -in /home/Downloads/vpn.pulsesecure.net.crt -outform der -out /home/Downloads/vpn.pulsesecure.net.der
Alternatively, the device certificate can be converted to DER format using this online SSL converter
Click "Choose File" and browse for and select the device certificate then click Convert Certificate.
5. Distribute the certificate to Linux users.