This issue is resolved in Pulse 5.1R10 and above.
from the Develop menu in Safari.
Note: This is due to changes made in this OS X update that disabled certain services that the Pulse client is dependent upon to complete the VPN connection. For OS X versions prior to the 10.11.5 update these settings should already be enabled by default.
Follow these steps to display the Develop Menu in Safari
- Launch Safari
- From the taskbar, click Safari > Preferences
- From the top menu, click Advanced
- Towards the bottom, click the checkbox for Show Develop menu in menu bar
- Once completed, Develop menu will appear between the Bookmarks and Window menu items.
- From the taskbar, click Develop menu
Pulse Secure does plan to implement a new feature to perform SAML authentication from a embedded browser session within Pulse instead of using the default Safari browser. Currently, there is no ETA on this feature. The KB will will be updated once more information is available.