Update: April 6th 2018
Starting in Feb 2018, Pulse Secure is aware of a wide-impacting issue with Windows 10 endpoints experiencing a "Failed to setup Virtual Adapter: 1205" message. For more information, please refer to KB43717 - Pulse Secure Desktop client fails to connect on Windows 10 machines with an error message of "Failed to setup virtual Adapter (Error 1205)" when Windows Reliability Tool (prior to 10.0.14393.10020) is installed.
Please verify the following virtual adapters are installed and operational.
- Juniper Network Virtual Adapter
- Juniper Network Virtual Adapter Manager
If the following adapters do not appear or have a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark, please reinstall the Pulse Secure Desktop client again.
- From the control panel, navigate to device manager.
- From the device manager menu, click on View > Show hidden devices.
- Ensure the following virtual adapters appear
- Juniper Networks Virtual Adapter
- Juniper Networks Virtual Adapter Manager
- When creating a VPN connection, the Juniper Network Adapter will become visible.
- After the VPN has been disconnected, the Juniper Network Adapter should turn to a dimmed state.
If the behavior differs and the KB below do not resolve the issue, please open a support case at https://my.pulsesecure.net
with the following data:
- Screenshot of device manager
- Copy of the Pulse logs (LogsAndDiagnostics.zip)