In order to configure Read/Write Access for user authenticating against SBR to a LAN device that uses the Service-Type Administrative
attribute, you must specify this attribute in the Return-List Attribute for the User(s) or Group(s) that you wish to give Administrative Rights to. Doing so lets the LAN device know that the user that is authenticating has Administrative Rights.
To configure this, do the following:
- Open the SBR Administrator.
- Go to Users and select the appropriate category:
- Select the User(s) or User Group(s) that you wish to give Administrative Rights to and click Edit to open the Edit User window.
- Select the Return-List Attribute tab and click the Add button:
- In the Add Return List Attribute window, select Service-Type for the Attribute and Administrative for the Value and then click Add:
- Click the Close button and now you will see the Return-List Attribute that you just added in the Edit User window:
- Click OK. Now the user(s) or group(s) that you have added the "Service-Type Administrative" Return-List Attribute have Administrative Rights to the LAN device that uses that attribute for Administrative Rights when they authenticate to the device through SBR.