The solution to this issue is to remove the license file from the service directory and then restart the service.
To perform this operation, please follow the steps outlined below:
- Shut-down the device
- Connect a Keyboard, Mouse and Monitor to the appliance
- Power-on the device and begin tapping the "F6" key to access the options screen.
- From the options screen, select "Safe Mode".
- Once the device boots and you are presented with a Windows Logon box, please enter the Administrator credentials and login.
- When the desktop loads, depending on your version, browse to the SBR install directory at either "
C:\radius\service " or "
C:\Program Files\Juniper Networks\Steel-Belted Radius\service
- Locate a file named
radius.lic and then delete the file
- Reboot the server and connect to the SBR Administrator (the service should be running correctly now).
- Within the Administrator, browse to "File" and then "License"
- Enter the correct license for your SBR product.
- Restart the Steel-Belted Radius Service and verify that the new license has taken effect.