Note: As a security feature, the device certificate cannot be exported as a file to be used on a non-PCS device.
An admin can export the system configuration file from the PCS which will have the desired device certificates. There are two options for performing the import of the certificate information only:
- Navigate to Maintenance > Import / Export > Import / Export configuration.
- Check the option to "Import Device Certificate(s)" AND use the radio button "Import only Device Certificate(s)"
- Navigate to System > Configuration > Certificates > Device Certificates,
- Click Import Certificate and Key
- Navigate to Import via System Configuration file
- Click Browse and select the system.cfg. If the configuration is password protected, enter the password in the password field.
When importing the system.cfg into another PCS the Device Certificate on the receiving device will get overwritten with the one in the System Configuration file.
Note: You cannot move a system configuration from a non-FIPS to FIPS devices or visa versa. When importing between FIPS devices, the import must be done through the system configuration option and it will move the security world from the old unit onto the new unit.