Perform the following procedure to configure a Mac/Linux computer and PCS:
- Enable Remote Session:
- On the Mac computer:
Go to Application > System Preferences > Sharing. Select the Screen Sharing option and click the Computer Settings button.
Select both the options and provide the password for the remote session, as shown below:
- On the Linux computer:
Note: Different Linux operating systems have the desktop sharing option in different locations. Search for Desktop Sharing on Gnome X-Windows.
- Make sure the TCP port 5900 is open on the firewall.
- Install a VNC client on the Windows computer. (as an example, download the free edition from the following link):
Note: To install VNC viewer on Linux and MAC computer, check the concerned App store.
Configure SAM (Secure Application Manager)
or Network Connect
accordingly for your client PC:
- WSAM configuration for Application mode:
- Configure JSAM with Server IP address and port 5900
- Network Connect Access control configuration:
- Remote desktop of Mac computer from Windows computer:
- Launch WSAM or Network Connect on Windows.
- Launch the VNC client, click Options, and select the Colour level to Full:
- Type the password for the remote session: