Please collect the following for SBR Enterprise issues::
A. Debug log:
The primary piece of data to collect is the DEBUG log from the Steel-Belted Radius server.
To capture the debug log:
1. Edit the 'radius.ini' file. This file is located in:
C:\Program Files\Juniper Networks\Steel-Belted Radius\Service (Windows install of SBR 6.0x and higher)
/opt/JNPRsbr/radius (Linux/Solaris install of SBR 6.0x and higher)
2. In the [CONFIGURATION] section, set the LogLevel and TraceLevel parameters to a value of '2'.
LogLevel = 2
TraceLevel = 2
3. Additionally, in Steel-Belted Radius 6.0x and higher, there is an additional parameter that should be enabled.
Log-Thread-ID = Yes
4. Save the
5. Restart the Steel-Belted Radius service/process for the change in logging level to take effect.
The debug log is usually located in the same directory as the
The file naming convention is : YYYYMMDD.log
Example : 20130315.log
6. Once the logging level has been set, reproduce the issue you are encountering.
7. Attach the debug log to the case.
B. Debug log info:
Please make note of the following data and add it to the case notes.
- Time of the incident - Provide the full timestamp so that we can quickly narrow down where the issue is in the log file.
- User Name - The name of the user that is having the issue.
- NAS-IP-Address - The IP address of the device sending the radius request to Steel-Belted Radius
- Authentication Protocol - PAP, CHAP, MS-CHAPv2, 802.1x
- If 802.1X, what EAP method is used. EAP-TTLS, EAP-PEAP, EAP-TLS, EAP-FAST, EAP-MD5, etc
- If a tunneled authentication method is in use (TTLS, PEAP or FAST), what is the inner protocol being used. EAP-GTC, EAP-MS-CHAPv2, PAP, etc.
- Complete description of the issue being encountered
- Version of Steel-Belted Radius running (including Enterprise or Global Enterprise information)
- Operating system that SBR is installed on
C. Additional Data
Aside from the debug log (YYYYMMDD.log), also attach the following to the case:
Note: The above set of data is usually sufficient, but Pulse Secure Global Customer Support engineer may request additional data sets to refine the debugging.
- Any core or crash dump files that were created
- Copy of the following files.
- *.ini, *.aut, *.dct, *.dcm. (This list applies to both Enterprise and Global Enterprise Editions)
- *.dir, *.pro, *.dhc, *.rr (This list only applies to Global Enterprise Edition)