Starting with Pulse Connect Secure 8.3R1 and Pulse Policy Secure 5.4R1, Legacy Mode will be deprecated. This mode is scheduled to be discontinued in the next major version. Once this feature has been deprecated, Pulse Secure will no longer provide security updates, technical support or hot fixes for Legacy Mode AD for previous releases.
If Legacy Mode is utilized, Pulse Secure recommends migrating to Standard Mode.
For the detailed migration guide refer KB40430
Differences between the two Active Directory Modes
- Legacy Mode uses older Samba version
- Standard Active Directory mode uses a newer version of samba
- The newer Samba releases provide better performance.
- The older version is out of support from Samba community.
- Standard Active Directory mode is periodically updated with latest stable Samba packages.
What is the functional impact of this on Pulse Secure Products?
All the existing functionalities are completely supported in Standard Active Directory mode. Standard ‘Active Directory’ mode uses better group lookup methods, therefore, the 'Group Search With LDAP' option is no longer present. Active Directory mode also provides better troubleshooting tools.Note
: Standard ‘Active Directory’ Mode is supported from Windows 2008 onwards.
KB40723 - Custom expressions using group attribute fails with Standard (AD) Active Directory mode