Follow these steps to access the on-screen keyboard on Android and iOS devices during an HTML5 RDP session:
- Once the RDP session is active and the remote host is being displayed on-screen, swipe the screen from left to right within the session window. (User may find that swiping from the edge brings them back to the bookmark page. If this occurs start swiping just after the edge of the screen without picking up the edge.)
- This will open the Guacamole menu.
- From anywhere within the Guacamole menu, slide down and the input methods will be displayed. (By default, none will be selected.)
- Select Text input to pop up the mobile device keyboard.
- To hide the keyboard select the keyboard icon in the lower right corner of the keyboard.
- To retrieve the keyboard again select any of the options from the green toolbar. (Ctrl, Alt, Esc or Tab).
Additionally, you may select On-screen keyboard to display the built-in Guacamole keyboard.
Below are the snippets from Android Phone:
- In order to hide the On-screen keyboard, open the guacamole server settings by swiping left to right, and chose the None option.