On some occasions, a specific feature/idea about which a customer raises a case can be concluded as an Enhancement Request (ER) by our Development/Engineering teams right away or sometimes upon preliminary investigation.
- Upon conclusion that a specific feature/scenario is an ER, the Sales/Accounts team member must raise an ER for the customer.
- ERs are out of scope for support teams and therefore, GEC will loop in the concerned Sales Engineer/Account Manager with the customer so that customer can follow-up with them about the status/roadmap.
- There are chances that an ER can be rejected by PLM (Product Line Management) based on feasibility study and market trends.
- Also, there will be no ETA (Estimated time of Arrival) for the ER to start with as it requires multiple levels of approvals.
- Lastly, once the ER is approved by PLM, the concerned Sales/Accounts team will update the customer about the roadmap.