Follow the steps below to customize/re-brand the Pulse Secure desktop client.
- Download the Pulse Branding Tool from https://my.pulsesecure.net
- The Branding Tool version should be match or be close to Pulse Secure desktop client version to be rebranded.
- A zip utility will need to be installed on the client machine in order to extract the contents of the new package. (i.e. download from http://www.7-zip.org/).
- Save the Pulse Branding Tool zip file (ex . ps-pulse-5.1r1.0-b51831-brandingtools.zip ) locally.
- Extract the files from the Branding Tool.
- Open command prompt as "administrator" and execute the following command:
(Note : The above command would be executed only if 7-zip is installed on the client machine.)
- After running the above command a folder named StringReference will be created in C:\ps-pulse-5.1r12.0-b61915-brandingtools. This folder will contain two types of files: “PulseCombinedMessages.xx.txt” and “PulseResource.xx.txt”, where xx refers to the default language set for the VPN device.
- PulseResource.xx.txt: is used to modify the fields like the Server URL, Login Name etc.
- PulseCombinedMessages.xx.txt” is used to modify the Pulse messages ex. error messages like “failed to connect to IVE” etc.
- To modify the "User name" label to "Secret name" go to:
Value = &User name:
- Replace &User name with &Secret name and save the changes.
Value = &Secret name:
- To modify the password label go to:
Value = &password:
- Replace &password with &Secret password or token and save the changes.
Value = &Secret name:or token
ps-pulse-5.1r12.0-b61915-brandingtools -> Pulse Branding -->BrandingResourceCatalog_EN.txt . Note
- Changes will be saved to the file "BrandingResourceCatalog_EN.txt" which can be found in the following location:
: Choose the catalog with correct language. The example shown above is for English language
- Refer to the below screenshot for the output of the file BrandingResourceCatalog_EN.txt after making the changes:
C:\ps-pulse-5.1r12.0-b61915-brandingtools> BrandPackager -validate
- As an optional step, the changes can be validated by running the following command:
- The output of the above command is shown in the screen shot given below:
C:\ps-pulse-5.1r12.0-b61915-brandingtools> BrandPackager -package
- After validating the changes, run the command "BrandPackager -package" to generate the new Pulse branding package to be distributed to end user machines.
- The output of the command is shown below:
C:\ps-pulse-5.1r12.0-b61915-brandingtools> BrandInstaller -brand
- On the client PC that the Pulse client will be installed to, run the following command:
- The output of the above command in shown in the screen shot given below:
: The files "PulseWin.PulseBranding"
" will be present in "ps-pulse-5.1r12.0-b61915-brandingtools
To install the new Pulse branded package to end user machines, please follow the steps given below:
- Verify the changes by opening the Pulse client on the client PC. The changes should be reflected in the Pulse UI:
- File "PulseWin.PulseBranding"(for windows platform) should be present in all the client machine. You can use SCCM to push the file to all the client machines.
- MSI installer of the Pulse secure desktop client should be present in all the client machines.
msiexec -i c:\staging\Pulse.x64.msi BRANDINGFILE=c:\staging\PulseWin.PulseBranding NOTE:
- Open a command prompt as "administrator" and run the following command:
The path given in the above command should match the location where the MSI packages and branding files were saved.