Pulse Secure does not recommend to removal of the management port from the virtual appliances via OVF editing. If the port is not needed it should be set to disabled.
For situations where virtual appliances deployed from a modified OVF are already present in the environment, the following 2 solutions can be utilized:
- Export the binary system and user configuration from the appliance in question
- Redeploy the Appliance from a OVF template which was not edited to remove the Management port
- Import the binary configuration exported in step 1
- Register the newly deployed appliance in Pulse One and add it to your appliance group
- Attempt to publish the configuration again
If the redeployment of appliances is not feasible, appliances which have the management port removed need to be managed in a separate appliance group.