The Automatic Version Monitoring
feature of the PCS/PPS appliances will regularly send traffic out its internal port to IP address 64.13.xxx.xxx. This traffic is sent securely over port 443.
This feature is used by Pulse Secure for gathering telemetry data for product improvement and statistics.
The feature can be enabled/disabled by going to Troubleshooting > Maintenance > Options
When enabled, the device sends the following data to Pulse Secure:
- Machine identifier
- Information describing current software running on the device, including:
- Software build number and build name.
- An MD5 hash of the license settings.
- An MD5 has of the internal interface IP address.
- If this node is in a cluster, the number of nodes within that cluster.
- Current state of the node.
- Cluster type (Active/Active, Active/Passive0).
- Total number of unique subnets on the cluster nodes.
- Version of Pulse Secure client.
- Version of ESAP.
- Cluster log synchronization status.
- Number of Infranet Enforces configured (Policy Secure only.)
- Number of Radius vendors configured (Policy Secure only.)
- Total number of concurrent users on the device.
- Number of Network Connect and Pulse tunnels.
It is strongly recommended that this service remained enabled.