We can check the below steps to resolve the issue in the meantime.
- If Pulse is configured without split tunneling, then Windows 10 will send the NCSI requests over the virtual adapter. The VPN Tunneling ACL should allow access to:
- Ensure that corporate DNS servers configured in the VPN connection profile are able to resolve and respond to queries for the hosts above.
- If the client or VPN profile is configured to proxy requests then requests to above sites should be allowed through the proxy.
We can collect the wireshark capture taken from the virtual adapter when the VPN tunnel gets connected and immediately when the NCSI query is sent out. we can also check for traffic hitting the proxy in case a proxy is there.
We would need below information to troubleshoot :
1. Wireshark from Virtual adapter.
To collect wireshark from virtual adapter so that we capture the DNS requests, please follow below steps :
- Open wireshark.
- connect VPN and then select Virtual adapter in wireshark and start capture.
- Stop wireshark capture and keep wireshark running with Virtual adapter selected.
- Disconnect VPN.
- Connect VPN and immediately start capture on wireshark on virtual adapter to capture the DNS requests.
2. TCP dump from PCS from internal interface with filter set to host DNSserverIP configured on VPN connection profile.
If the DNS requests are responded to and still we see the issue, please open a support case
with above logs.