The following solutions have been implemented by our customers successfully,
Solution # 1: Disable the Juniper Network Services from the physical and virtual adapter: (If the Pulse connection is being used to connect to an SRX device, then this should not be performed. See below for a workaround that can be applied to SRX connections.)
- Open Control Panel and select Network and Sharing Center the select Change adapter settings.
From a DOS command prompt run the command:
-Start > Run > ncpa.cpl
- Locate the physical adapter in the Network Connections
- Right-click on the adapter and select Properties.
- From the list, uncheck the checkbox for Juniper Network Service
- Connect with Pulse Desktop Client. (This is necessary to change the virtual adapter settings. If the Pulse tunnel is not connected, the virtual adapter does not appear in the Network Connections.)
- From the Network Connections, select Pulse Secure virtual adapter
- Right-click the adapter and select Properties
- From the list, uncheck the checkbox for Juniper Network Service & Click OK
8. Alternatively, the same can be achieved upon running the following command from PowerShell (Running as an Admin)
Disable-NetAdapterBinding -Name * -DisplayName "Juniper Network Service"
: Replace * with specific Adapter display name if you do not wish to disable "Juniper Network Service" on all the adapters.
Solution # 2: Disable RSC from the physical adapter: (If Pulse is being used to connect to an SRX device then the Juniper Network Service needs to remain enabled. In this case, follow the steps below to disable RSC from the physical adapter.)
- Open Powershell (Run as Administrator)
- Run the following command to determine which adapter RSC is enabled on:
If RSC is enabled on the Wi-Fi adapter, for example, the following output will be seen:
- Run the following command to disable RSC on the Wi-Fi 2 adapter:
Disable-NetAdapterRsc -Name "Wi-Fi 2"
Run the following command to verify that RSC is disabled:
The output will change as shown below:
Note - The OperationalState of Blank or False indicates that RSC is Disabled.
- To disable RSC on all physical adapters, run the following command:
Disable-NetAdapterRsc -name "*"