The jamCommand.exe is a command line program that imports the Pulse connections (using a preconfiguration file) into the Pulse Desktop Client. The .pulsepreconfig file is created on the Pulse Connect Secure or Pulse Policy Secure server, then deployed as part of a Pulse installation. The Pulse preconfiguration can be used for multiple reasons:
- Simplifying the end user experience by deploying the Pulse Desktop Client with predefined connections
- Used to troubleshoot and test configuration changes quickly without having to connect to a Pulse Connect Secure device
The jamCommand program is available for Windows and macOS. To install connections using jamCommand, perform the following steps:
- Login to admin web interface.
- Navigate to Users > Pulse Secure Client > Components
- Select the corresponding component set
- Click Download Installer Configuration
- Distribute the .pulsepreconfig file to the endpoint
- Run jamCommand with the importFile option
Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Pulse Secure\JamUI\
jamCommand -importFile myfile.pulsepreconfig
Navigate to /Applications/PulseSecure.app/Contents/Plugins/JamUI/
./jamCommand -importfile <pre-config file location on local disk>
If the Pulse Desktop Client is running when the jamCommand is executed, the new Pulse connection(s) appear immediately.