Please follow the steps below and configure/rectify NTP settings accordingly.
1. From PCS/PPS 9.1R8
version, NTPd is implemented.
2. PCS/PPS uses NTPv4
client which is qualified/compatible with NTPv4/v3/v2 server versions.
3. We recommend configuring NTP server as opposed to “Set time manually”.
4. We strongly recommend 4 reliable NTP server entries (FQDN or IP Address) to be configured for best results.
- Note: Only one IP Address is used even if FQDN resolves to multiple IP Addresses.
5. If PCS/PPS instances are hosted on On-Prem Virtual Appliances
such as ESX/Hyper-V etc., ensure that only one source of time is configured (PCS/PPS appliance or hypervisor, but never both).
6. If PCS/PPS instances are hosted on Cloud Solutions
such as Azure, AWS, etc., then 4 reliable NTP Server entries on PCS/PPS is a must.
7. NTP server should be reachable via External/Internal or management ports (This can be verified/configured under system -> Configuration -> Advanced Networking).