To figure out if you are impacted by this issue, please follow the steps below,
1. Check if the security Product and its version being used are supported (Software & Technical Documentation | Ivanti Product Documentation
-> Pulse Secure ESAP -> (Version Used) ESAP List of Products Supported for OPSWAT v4 SDK
2. If this specific product/version is not supported, please raise a case to request its support.
3. If it is supported, then the Pulse client log would show entries similar to the one below with which you can confirm that you are impacted. Note:
The Required Admin Privilege
column in the ESAP List of Products Supported for OPSWAT v4 SDK also clearly mentions if Admin Privilege is required for the security solution in question.
00519,09 2021/07/01 14:36:24.952 3 User123 dsHostChecker.exe OpswatIMC p24084 t27EC OpsAntiVirusClientV4.cpp:279 - 'OpswatImcColData' Result of Antivirus data to monitor(Successfully called: CheckRTPState
: Time Taken:3.0948, Call failed: GetDataFileDetails
: Time Taken:30.0927 : Error Code: : Error Desc : WAAPI_ERROR_ACCESS_DENIED, Call failed: GetDataFileSignatures : Error Desc : Not supported, Call failed:
IsUpdateInProgress : Error Desc : Not supported, Successfully called: IsFullScanInProgress : Time Taken:89.065, )PulseClient log location:
1. If Pulse client is installed: C:\ProgramData\Pulse Secure\Logging\PulseClient
2. If Pulse client is not installed: C:\Users\Profile\AppData\Local\Pulse Secure\Logging
This is Working as Designed.Workaround
– Please use Pulse Desktop Client as it is installed in the system context.