- Profiler provides a configurable field to purge aged out device as per requirement.
- Supported Purge settings : Never, 1 day, 1 week, 1 month, 3 Months, 6 months, 1 year
- By default the Purge setting would be 'Never', This is just to make sure that no entry gets pruged without admin's knowledge and the same is applicable for upgrade scenarios.
- The Purge will be scheduled automatically every 24 hours and eligible devices to be purged based on last updated time.
- In the device discovery report, a Manual Purge button is available for admin to perform on-demand Purge.
- Note that the eligible devices for the purge will be based on the last seen of the device in the Device discovery report page.
- Once the devices are purged, they are removed permanently from the database.
- If Purge was configured at 10 AM and it is set to purge any device that is older than 24hrs.
- The purge module will get executed at 10 AM on the next day and any device that has last seen older than 24hrs at that point will get purged.
- If any of the Device entry receive new updates, the last seen time will get updated and they will not get purged.
- Entries wont get purged if they keep receives new updates or if their last seen time is lesser than the configured purge threshold.
- The same workflow is applicable if the Purge option is configured to 1 week/1 month/3 months/6 months/1 year. i.e. Purge module will get executed once in every 24 hrs and remove the device that are older than a week or month or year based on the configuration and purge the entries only that holds last seen time beyond the configured purge threshold
- The same workflow is applicable for the Purge option under the Profiler Groups.