- In 9.1R14 and earlier versions, SQL Accounting details will be fetched using the session ID and thus it was limiting PPS/IPS from using MSSQL as an Accounting only server.
- This has been fixed in 9.1R15 and above versions.
Steps to configure MSSQL as Accounting only server in 9.1R15.
- Configure MSSQL as an accounting server as per the steps mentioned in the admin guide: 9.1R15 PPS/IPS AdminGuide.pdf
- Once MSSQL is configured as an Accounting server, add the respective switch or server which will be forwarding the accounting packets to PPS/IPS as a RADIUS client.
- Map that RADIUS client to the respective location group, sign in policy and to the realm created for RADIUS accounting only.
- It is best advised to use a dedicated realm for accounting only, the same realm cannot be used for authentication.
- In the newly created realm for accounting only, select the authentication server as "none".
- Select the MSSQL server as accounting server and save the changes.
- This configuration will help in Accounting Only in PPS/IPS with MSSQL.