Download your desired version Pulse Client .pkg from the download center on https://my.pulsesecure.net.
After you have staged the new Pulse software package in a location accessible to the Pulse server, follow the below steps to upload the software to the Pulse server:
- On the device admin console, select Users > Pulse Secure > Components
- In the section labeled Manage Pulse Secure Client Versions, click Browse
- Select the software package
- Click Upload
- In the section labeled Manage Pulse Secure Client Versions, select the radio button next to a version, and then click Activate.
- Only one Pulse Secure client package can be active at a time. After you upload a new package, enable it
Note: ensure that "Enable web installation and automatic upgrade of Pulse Secure clients" is enabled under Maintenance > System > Options
All connected Pulse clients display an upgrade prompt to the user. The user can choose to install the upgrade or cancel the operation. If a user cancels, the upgrade prompt appears each time the client connects to the server. During a client software upgrade the Pulse client loses connectivity temporarily.
Note: The end users don't need elevated/admin privileges for the upgrade