12th June 2018 Update: Please refer to https://kb.pulsesecure.net/articles/Pulse_Technical_Bulletin/TSB43787/ for the latest on this topic. The below content is now outdated and is left as-is for reference only.
At the time of divestiture, Pulse Secure and Juniper Networks worked together to ensure a seamless transition for our customers, partners, and other stakeholders. This transition was completed on Saturday, August 1, 2015. This below FAQ will help understanding the changes to OPSWAT Virus Definition and Shavlik Patch Management Data download URLs after the transition.
Juniper OPSWAT Virus Definition and Shavlik Patch Management URL's:
Pulse Secure OPSWAT Virus Definition and Shavlik Patch Management URL's:
As of March 2018, Pulse Secure is working to decommission the "Juniper OPSWAT Virus Definition and Shavlik Patch Management URL's" listed above on a future date. Customers are requested to stop using the "Juniper OPSWAT Virus Definition and Shavlik Patch Management URL's" and switch to the "Pulse Secure OPSWAT Virus Definition and Shavlik Patch Management URL's".
1. Our Pulse Connect Secure (PCS) and Pulse Policy Secure (PPS) devices are configured for Automatic Virus Definition and Patch Management Data downloads. What happens on August 1st 2015 to my configuration?
Pulse Secure has worked to ensure a seamless transition for these URL's. On August 1st 2015, NO CHANGE is required to the configuration on PCS and PPS as regards to this URL's. The devices will continue to download the files. Once the decommission of the Juniper URL's goes into effect, customers should immediately switch to Pulse Secure URL's to ensure the functionality continues to work.
2. To download the files, the devices uses Juniper Support Site Credentials. Do I need to change the credentials on August 1st 2015?
As long as you don't change the URL from download.juniper.net, you do NOT have to change the credentails. Your current credentials would continue to work.
3. I am getting the following error message on my Pulse Connect Secure and Pulse Policy Secure devices relating to Virus definition and Patch Management Downloads - "Unable to download current virus signature list from 'https://download.juniper.net/software/av/uac/epupdate_hist.xml'. Reason: Invalid credentials - '401'."
The reason of the error is that the credentials for the Virus Definition and Patch Management Downloads doesnt meet the password complexity requirements of Pulse Secure Authentication Service. You will have to go to my.pulsesecure.net to reset your password or sign up for a new user account and then input the credentials on the devices.
Note: If the password is reset or a new user account is created, ensure to modify the associated user credential on the PCS device under Authentication > Endpoint Security > Virus Signature version monitoring or Patch Management.
4. What are the new Pulse Secure URL's for OPSWAT Virus definition and Shavlik Patch Management data?
Pulse Secure intends to minimize the change in URL's. Hence the directory structure remains the same - only the domain name would change.
The URL's are as follows:
5. Can I continue to use the Juniper Support Site credentails to download the files using Pulse Secure URL's?
Customer's would have to go to my.pulsesecure.net and register the user. Once the User registration is completed, use the same credentials on the device to download the files from the new Pulse Secure URL's
6. Can I download the OPSWAT Virus Definition and Shavlik Patch Management data file using a browser?
Update: 10/01/2015: The Internet Explorer 11 issue of not being able to download the files using the browser is resolved. In addition we are disabling the ability to download in the Software and Licensing Center @ my.pulsesecure.net.
Update: 09/16/2015: This issue is now fixed, except Internet Explorer 11. The issue with Internet Explorer 11 is still being addressed.
No, you cannot download the OPSWAT Virus Definition and Shavlik Patch Management data file using a browser. If you are manually importing the Virus Signature Definition or Patch Management Data, please change to the auto-update option by configuring the details on the device.