1. To configure the Connection set:
1. Login to Pulse Connect Secure admin console
2. Select Users> Pulse Secure Client > Connections
3. Click New to display the New Connection set configuration page
Refer the following Screen shots for the configuration:
Provide the connection name and make the desired configuration as required.
4. Click on ‘New’ to configure the connections
5. Please refer the following screen shot to configure the connections for all the sign-in URL’s in one single connection set:
6. Once the connection set is created the administrator had to create the new component set and map it to the newly created connection set . Also the administrator can map the connection set to existing component sets and select the connection which we have created as shown below:
7. With this steps the configuration is completed.
2) Downloading the Pre-configuration file for deployment:
- Select Users > Pulse Secure > Components.
- Select the check boxes next to the component sets that you want to distribute. i.e the component set to which we have mapped the connection set.
- Click Download Installer Configuration.
- This will provide you with an pre-configuration file for e.g. “Default.pulsepreconfig”
- You can use this pre-configuration file to deploy in your client environment
3) How to Deploy the pre-configuration file
- We can import the pre-configuration file using JAMUI command manually on the end user machines.
- System admin can deploy the configuration via SCCM with the help of JAM command, if Pulse secure desktop client is installed already on the end user machines.
- The jamCommand.exe program is a command line program that imports a .pulsepreconfig file into the Pulse client. The jamCommand program is available for Windows (Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8) and Mac OS X. A .pulsepreconfig file includes Pulse connection parameters. You can create a .pulsepreconfig file on the Pulse server, and then use it as part of a Pulse installation to ensure that Pulse users have one or more Pulse connections when they start Pulse for the first time
To install Pulse connections using jamCommand:
1. Distribute the .pulsepreconfig file
to the Pulse endpoints.
2. Run jamCommand with the .pulsepreconfig file as an option.
On Windows: \Program Files\Common Files\Pulse Secure\JamUI\jamCommand -importfile myfile.pulsepreconfig
On Mac OSX: /Applications/PulseSecure.app/Contents/Plugins/JamUI/./jamCommand -importfile /Users///
If the Pulse client is running when you run jamCommand, the new Pulse connection or connections appear immediately. The connection name appears as it was defined when you created the connection in the Pulse server admin console.