The ESAP diagnostic tool is a log collection tool for Endpoint Security issues related to pre-defined Anti-Virus, Firewall and Anti-Spyware. This tool is designed to ease the process of log collection for ESAP related issues. The tool is ESAP version specific. Each ESAP release has a different version of OPSWAT SDK built into it, and hence this tool is also version specific for every ESAP release. Also note that this tool is built for V3 SDK, which means that it is useful only for issues on software versions PCS 7.2 / PPS 4.2 and above.
The tool is available for download at: my.pulsesecure.net
Login to my.pulsesecure.net --> Click on Licensing and Download Center --> On Pulse Secure Download Center --> Click on Pulse Secure under Software and Documentation Section --> Pulse Connect Secure or Pulse Policy Secure --> Then Click on Endpoint Security Assessment Plug-InNote:
This tool is available only for collecting logs or verifying fixes for issues on PCS 7.2 / PPS 4.2 and above. This is a Mac OS only tool.How do you use the ESAP Diagnostic Tool?
What does the ESAP Diagnostic Tool collect?
- Copy the tool to the end-user system where you want to collect the logs for debugging ESAP related issues. For instance - The Mac OS based tool for ESAP 2.7.3 is j-esap-2.7.3-diag-tool-mac.zip
- Double Click on the Archive File to unzip it. The unzipped files - OpswatDiagnoseTool.app and RunOpswatDiagnoseTool.sh will be in a folder with the same name as the ESAP Diagnostic Tool.
- Alternatively you can use the Applications --> Utilities --> Terminal.App and unzip using "
unzip filename" command. For instance -
- Go to Applications --> Utilities --> Terminal.App and execute RunOpswatDiagnoseTool.sh file using "
- If you need to run the tool with root privileges, please enter "
Y" in the tool when it asks and provide the required password. Please note Running the tool as "root" collects OPSWAT Diagnosis logs for the ESAP version installed with the Pulse Desktop client.
- If you do not have root privileges, please enter "
N" in the tool when it asks whether to run as root or not.
- Required logs will be collected and archived. This archive file will be stored in the same location from where the tool is executed.
- Client-side debuglog.log.
- OESISDiagnose.log generated by the tool for ESAP installed by Agentless HostChecker, Host Checker Client for Pulse Secure Desktop and the latest OPSWAT SDK packaged in the tool.
- Host Checker’s installed version information (versionInfo.ini).
- Information on currently installed ESAP where possible (UnifiedSDK.ini).
For instructions on running ESAP Diagnostic Tool for Windows and collecting the logs on Windows Platform, refer to KB28146 - [Host Checker] Endpoint Security Assessment Plug-in (ESAP) Diagnostic Tool for PCS 7.2 / PPS 4.2 and above on Windows Platform