- IKEv2 on MAC is supported in MacOS 10.11 El Capitan and up.
- PCS server address and authentication type and details provided by the system administrator.
Follow the steps below to configure IKEv2 on MacOS.
- Click the Apple Icon and click System preferences.
- Select Network.
- In the Network panel, click the + symbol to add a new connection.
- For Interface, select VPN and for VPN Type select IKEv2.
- Enter a service name for the connection and click Create.
- The new VPN connection will be displayed in the connection list. Click the new VPN connection to display its properties.
- For the connection property details enter the VPN gateway Server Address that was provided by your system administrator.
- For the Remote ID, enter the domain portion of the server address.
- For the Local ID, no entry is necessary.
- Make sure that the option is checked to Show VPN statue in menu bar.
- Click Authentication Settings and select the Authentication type provided by your system administrator.
- The example below is for Username but you will need to select the authentication type provided by your system administrator.
- Enter your username and password and click OK.
- Click Apply and Connect to use the connection now.