The following facts and suggestions were determined to avoid issues mentioned:
On a provisioned system that is to be upgraded, please add a log-aggregator license before proceeding.
1. Ensure that a license similar to this example is installed and contact support if not existing.
2. Ensure external interface is properly configured and has no connectivity issues.
3. For a provisioned system, configure all certs, keys and bundle prior to upgrade.
4. If possible, upgrade through telnet/serial console access. This will ensure the user sees the upgrade to completion.
4a. If you need to start your upgrade over SSH for copy/paste convenience or any other particular reason, please ensure to move over to the console
session once the SSH session is terminated.
4b. The user must see the message ‘Reboot needed after the upgrade. Press <ENTER> to reboot.’ and then press enter to complete the upgrade.
5. After a successful upgrade of Pulse One from version 1637 to any version above this, please ensure to reconfigure/move your management interface IP
address to the external interface IP address. This will ensure all web related communication continue to happen without any issues. You may reconfigure
a new IP address on your management interface if you wish to use SSH.
Note: SSH uses Management (Ethernet) port whereas Serial Console is an RJ-45 (RS-232) port labelled as "MGMT" and "CONSOLE", respectively: