Follow the steps as directed below to ensure that the Host Checker machine certificate checks pass while using Pulse Desktop client based login:
Note: Above mentioned steps are not required for browser-based logins.
- Install Pulse Secure client.
- Install with required certificate using following commands
- Open terminal
- cd /Applications/Pulse\ Secure.app/
- sudo security import <path_to_cert_file> -k /Library/Keychains/System.keychain -P <password_of_cert_file> -T Contents/Plugins/JUNS/dsAccessService
- If certificate already present on the system, either delete the certificate and reinstall it using Step 2 or add dsAccessService to allowed application to access private.
- To add an application to access the private key, use following steps
- Open Keychain Access and locate the private key in the System Keychain.
- Right click on private key --> get info --> go to “Access Control” tab
- Click “+” at the bottom left corner. It will open a dialog to select an app.
- Go to terminal, cd /Applications/Pulse\ Secure.app/Contents/Plugins/JUNS/ && open .
- Select dsAccessService and drag and drop it to dialog opened by Keychain Access.
- This may require reboot of the user machine.