Here are some highlights:
- For a complete guide about virtual appliance deployment instructions and guidelines, please refer to the Virtual Appliance Deployments Guides at Pulse Secure Techpubs.
- Recommended VMWare Storage pre-allocation type is Thick Provisioning.
- Please allocate the CPUs & RAM as below (Applicable to both PCS/PPS). One (1) CPU core allocation is not recommended and may experience problems.
Note - This should be a non-dynamic exclusive allocation. There should not any deviation in RAM/CPU allocation suggested in the table above. Unforeseen issues can occur if these inputs aren't followed. 4. LSI Logic or LSI SAS (SCSI Controller) is preferred.
|Virtual Platform||RAM Allocation||CPU Allocation|
|PSA-3000V||8 GB||2 Cores|
|PSA-5000V||8 GB||4 Cores|
|PSA-7000V||32 GB||8 Cores|
5. Recommended Network Driver is VMXNET 3 / E1000e
6. For optimal throughput, the physical network interfaces of the Hypervisor should have 10 gigabit capability.
7. The Virtual appliance should have only one source of Time Sync (Hypervisor or NTP Server, not both). This can otherwise result is an unexpected behavior.Upgrade:
Log Required for Freeze / Hang issue:
- Ensure that the software on the virtual appliance is upgraded in a Major Release version sequence. For example, if an appliance needs the software to be upgraded from 8.3Rx to 9.1Rx, please upgrade from 8.3Rx to 9.0Rx, then 9.1Rx.
- 8.3R3 and above the number of software upgrades on an OVF is not limited.
- Console Output Screenshot.
- Virtual Appliance (OVF) Version.
- ESXi version
- VMWare Host spec :
- Features Used (Such as Pulse L3, PSAM, Rewriter, HTML5, etc.,)
- Analysis of Hypervisor's Events/Alerts & Network issues (Provide a set of logs to us for reference).
- Confirm if Local/SAN storage doesn’t have any issues from their corresponding logs (Provide a set of logs to us for reference).
- Upon restart, if the VM doesn’t boot properly and gives the “Dump Diagnostics” as a Console Option, please Select it and record the Console message/output.
- If the restart, boots the VM just fine, collect the following logs for analysis/RCA,
- Complete Dashboard/Overview Graphs from all the nodes with timeframes of 1 day, 1 week & 1 Month (System -> Status -> Overview).
- PCS Logs (User/Events/Admin) \\ (System -> Log/Monitoring -> Events -> Save All Logs).
- System Snapshot from all the nodes (With “System Config” & “Debug Log” selected) \\ Maintenance -> Troubleshooting -> System Snapshot).
- System/user config :
- Maintenance -> Import/Export -> Import/Export Configuration -> Save Config As.
- Maintenance -> Import/Export -> Import/Export Users -> Save Config As.
- Analysis of any other Hypervisor (e.g. VMWare) Logs from the admin as relevant.