- The Storage pre-allocation type recommended is Thick Provisioning.
- Please go through the “Supported Platforms Guide” to understand the Supported Virtual Platforms viz., VMWare, KVM, Hyper-V & other finer details from Pulse Secure Techpubs.
- Please allocate the CPUs & RAM as below,
4. LSI Logic or LSI SAS (SCSI Controller) is preferred. 5. Network Driver : VMXNET 3 / E1000e is preferred. 6. For optimal throughput, the Physical Network interfaces of the Hypervisor should have 10 gigabit capability.
|Virtual Platform||RAM Allocation||CPU Allocation|
|PSA-3000V||8 GB||2 Cores|
|PSA-5000V||8 GB||4 Cores|
|PSA-7000V||32 GB||8 Cores|
7. The Virtual appliance should have only one source of Time Sync (Hypervisor or NTP Server, not both). This can result in a lot of side-effects. Upgrade :
Log Required for Freeze / Hang issue :
- Ensure that the software on the Virtual appliance (e.g. OVF) is upgraded in a Major Release version sequence i.e. If an appliance needs the software to be upgraded from 8.3Rx to 9.1Rx, please upgrade from 8.3Rx to 9.0Rx and then to 9.1Rx.
- 8.3R3 onwards the number of Software upgrades on an OVF is not limited.
- Console Output Screenshot.
- Virtual Appliance (OVF) Version.
- ESXi version
- VMWare Host spec :
- Features Used (Such as Pulse L3, PSAM, Rewriter, HTML5, etc.,)
- Confirm if Local/SAN storage doesn’t have any issues from their corresponding logs (Provide a set of logs to us for reference if possible).
- Upon restart, if the VM doesn’t boot properly and gives the “Dump Diagnostics” as a Console Option, please Select it and record the Console message/output.
- If the restart, boots the VM just fine, collect the following logs for analysis/RCA,
- Complete Dashboard/Overview Graphs from all the nodes with timeframes of 1 day, 1 week & 1 Month (System -> Status -> Overview).
- PCS Logs (User/Events/Admin) \\ (System -> Log/Monitoring -> Events -> Save All Logs).
- System Snapshot from all the nodes (With “System Config” & “Debug Log” selected) \\ Maintenance -> Troubleshooting -> System Snapshot).
- System/user config :
9. Analysis of any other Hypervisor (e.g. VMWare) Logs from the admin as relevant. Note - For any other issue, the logs would be similar to that of a Physical Appliance
- Maintenance -> Import/Export -> Import/Export Configuration -> Save Config As.
- Maintenance -> Import/Export -> Import/Export Users -> Save Config As.