- Confirm the Supported Upgrade path by checking the Release notes and also check the list of Fixed/Known Issues: To ensure configuration and user data integrity after the upgrade, we strongly recommend that you follow the supported upgrade path documented in the Release notes.
- Download only the Service package from the Ivanti Pulse Secure portal. These packages are encrypted and signed.
- Clearing your logs: By clearing logs you can decrease the installation time as it reduces the amount of data backed by the appliance during the upgrade. And this will also prevent issues that can arise with respect to storage size.
Admin Console: Log/Monitoring -> Select Event -> log -> Save Log As & then clear log.
Repeat this for User Access and Admin logs too.
- Delete the client upload logs.
Log/Monitoring -> Client Logs -> Uploaded Logs -> Delete all the logs.
Maintenance -> Troubleshooting -> System Snapshot -> Download the required snapshots & delete
all of them from this page.
4. Delete additional ESAP/Pulse Packages other than the default package as these take a lot of space.
- Admin UI: Users -> Pulse Secure Client -> Components -> Delete all the non-default Pulse client packages.
- Admin UI: Authentication -> Endpoint Security -> Host Checker -> Delete all the non-Active ESAP Packages.
5. Create Binary/XML Backups.
- Binary System Config - Admin Console: Maintenance -> Import/Export Configuration -> Configuration -> Save Config As.
- Binary User Config - Admin Console: Maintenance -> Import/Export Configuration -> User Accounts -> Save Config As.
- XML Config : Admin Console: Maintenance -> Import/Export -> Export XML -> Click “Select All” -> Click “Export".
If you still encounter any issues, please involve Ivanti Pulse Secure Support via a case.