If the upgrade has completed and the database is empty, that is, SBR administrator does not show any configuration data, the following steps can be taken to attempt to manually convert the old database. The old database files are typically backed up automatically during the upgrade to a location such as:
\Program Files\Juniper Networks\Steel-Belted Radius\Service_YYMMDD_NNNNNN.
- Reconnect with Remote Desktop, connecting to the console
- Stop the “Steel-Belted Radius” service.
- Open a command window and navigate to the backup service directory created during the upgrade.
cd \Program Files\Juniper Networks\Steel-Belted Radius\Service_080110_125919
- Check the command output to confirm the conversion was successful:
2008/1/11 14:56:56 Starting database conversion tool, version 0
2008/1/11 14:56:57 SBR database conversion was successful.
- Copy the database files into the new Service directory.
C:\Program Files\Juniper Networks\Steel-Belted Radius\Service_080110_125919> copy radiusdata.* ..\Service
Overwrite ..\Service\radiusdata.d01? (Yes/No/All): All
6 file(s) copied.
C:\Program Files\Juniper Networks\Steel-Belted Radius\Service_080110_125919> copy vista.taf ..\Service\
Overwrite ..\Service\vista.taf? (Yes/No/All): yes
1 file(s) copied.
- Start the “Steel-Belted Radius”service.
- Confirm in SBR Administrator that the database now contains the old data (Radius Clients, Native Users, etc.)